Good News. It seems as though I was not the only one to throw my VIKIS alarm clock manual out and confused as to how to set it after said tragic misstep. A lot of good folks have been looking for answers. I am pleased and happy to provide real direction, or that is to say, “Here are the instructions, People!”
After a thorough search online and on Ikea’s website, all for naught, it dawned on me to e-mail Ikea for help. I received a very courteous response and most importantly, a true, blue set of instructions to operating the puzzling VIKIS settings. I am retyping them for legibility’s sake because they came to me in the form of a blurry PDF. Enjoy and celebrate our re-found knowledge as provided below:
The SET and MODE buttons are used to set the various functions of the clock. Please see below for a more detailed description and illustrations.
The LIGHT button is used to set switch on the background lighting.
HOW TO SET DATE AND TIME
1. Press the SET button 4 times to display MONTH. Use the MODE button to set the correct mPress the SET button once more to display the day.
2. Press the SET button one more time to display HOURS. Use the MODE button to set the correct hour. Note that A/P or H appears to the right of the display. A = A.M. P = P.M. H = 24 hour clock. (Choose the desired format by pressing MODE button.)
3. Press the SET button one more time to display MINUTES. Use the MODE button to set the correct minute value.
4. To save the settings you have entered, press set and then MODE.
HOW TO VIEW CURRENT SETTINGS
Press the MODE button to see the current settings.
Press 1 time to show current alarm time.
Press 2 times to show the current date.
Press 3 times to show current seconds (Press SET to zero the seconds.)
Press 4 times to return to current time.
ALARM AND HOURLY SIGNAL
To set the alarm:
Press the SET button once and then press the MODE button to activate the alarm function. Press SET one more time and use the MODE button to set the hour for the alarm signal.
1. Press SET again and use the MODE button to set the minutes for the alarm signal.
2. Press SET again to save these settings.
TO SWITCH OFF THE ALARM SIGNAL
1. To switch off the signal when the alarm rings, press the SET button.
2. You can also choose to switch off the alarm signal temporarily with the MODE button. If you use this so called “snooze” function, the alarm will sound every 5 minutes until you switch it off completely by pressing the SET button.
TO ACTIVATE/DEACTIVATE THE ALARM SIGNAL AND HOURLY
1. Press the SET button once and then press the MODE button to activate or deactivate the alarm and hourly signal functions;
ALARM OFF and CHIME OFF
2. Press three more times on the SET button to return to the current time.